BALTEK® SBC - FSC® Certified selected grade structural balsa
BALTEK® SBC is our balsa wood core material from controlled cultivation. FSC® certification ensures that 100% of balsa wood comes from plantations and that all production steps are subject to stringent monitoring. This guarantees highest-quality balsa wood and full traceability from the end product back to the seed. BALTEK® SBC is the only FSC®-certified balsa core material (FSC-C111102). SBC has an extremely high level of rigidity and excellent stiffness to weight ratio. It can be processed with all known resin systems and processes and has excellent laminate adhesion properties. It is furthermore resistant to temperature changes, fire, and chemicals (e.g. styrenes).
BALTEK® SBC is an ideal core material made of renewable resources with a very broad range of use.
Look for FSC®‐certified products.
- Ship and boat construction (hull, decks, bulkheads, superstructures, interior fittings)
- Rail and road vehicles (floor, side and roof panels, front and side covering, interior fittings)
- Wind energy plants (rotor blade shells and webs)
- Aerospace (floor plates, bulkheads and structural parts of sporting aircraft)
- Military applications (marine boats, containers, transport pallets, shelters)
- Industrial components (covers, sports equipment, tanks, mold construction)
- Extremely high specific stiffness and rigidity
- Excellent fire behavior
- Ecological product, 100% plantation wood
- Full traceability and highest-quality wood due to stringent process control from seedling to delivery.
- Very broad operating temperature range from -212 °C to +163 °C
- Excellent fatigue resistance and impact resistance
- Excellent sound absorption and thermal insulation
- Adhesive bonding
- Molding processes
- Hand lamination / spray lay-up
- Pre-preg processing (up to 180 °C)
- Resin injection (RTM)
- Vacuum infusion